9.15.2009

sit down: EA

International Go Getter

In the Twitter world, you stumble upon and meet some of the most interesting and talented people. We had the luck of meeting Mr. EA; a lyricist from New York. He agreed to let us have an exclusive interview with him before he blew up on the music scene...lol, thank you Mr!



Ashley Nicole Online: State your name, age and hood.
EA: I am the Almighty J-EA (Jonny James), 22 from New Rochelle, NY.

ANO: What does hip hop mean to you?
EA: Hip Hop is just an expression of self and the city you come from; therfore making it a culture.

ANO: Who's the next hot thing in the music industry?
EA: Well other than myself, I'd say Drake and J Cole. I heard little from Cole but im hearing his name so he must be doing something right!

ANO: What is your idea of "success"?
EA: Achievement of the goals I set and surpassing all others expectations of me is my idea of success.

ANO: What is your biggest accomplishment to date?
EA: My biggest accomplishment to date reguarding music? or in my personal life? Personally its been the fact that with all the touring n recording i refuse to drop out of college n i will continue to go till I achieve MORE success. (laughs)

ANO: Who killed hip hop?
EA: There's no one to blame for the death of hip hop; people just forgot the lyrical side to hip hop, they just got catchy hooks and fun dance moves. It's a fuckin square dancin 'ho down" now!

ANO: What make you different from other rappers on the come up?
EA: I dont look at myself as the best; I look at myself as the better. So whoever you stand me next to, I am the better. I work hard to get where I am; not a rapper, but a lyricist. I cant be beaten and I wont be beaten...and you love my music. (laughs). Thats what makes me different.

ANO: What is you favorite song you've recorded?
EA: So far I love 'Come Ova'. It's the first song I really sang on and its getting hella good reviews. I'm just glad i can utilize my voice at the best of my abilities. Feel me?

ANO:
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
EA: In a better position than I am in now. Probably still on tour (laughs). Maybe GQ Man of the Year or 1 of the top 5 sexiest males in some magizine. Thats reasonable right?

ANO: Kissing or cuddling?
EA: Both... I like to make my woman feel secure while she gettin sugar.

ANO:
Top album of all time?

EA: Jay-Z's Blueprint


ANO: Do you wear shoes in your house?
EA: No shoes nor socks in the house.. slippers. Gotta let the toes breathe.

ANO: Dream car?
EA: An Audi A7

ANO:
If you could date any celebrity, who would it be and why?

EA: hmm.... Amerie. She's beautiful and talented ... extremely. I love her .. I'd wife it!

ANO: Top 3 traits a dateable girl must have...
EA: He has to be smart, sexy, and has to understand my career and how it works cause jealousy will get me killed. (laughs)

ANO: Nikes of Jordans?

EA: Neva owned a pair of Jordans ...useless sneakers. Horrible on a female too.

ANO: Best thing about living in NYC?

EA: Anything and everything i want and need is here.

ANO:
What do you clean your bathroom with?

EA: Mistolin. It's spanish; got that from my mother. Mamma knows best.

ANO: Finish this: You're so fat that _________.

EA: hmm... You're so fat that when you open the Fridge it says' give up...' OR you're so fat that you whistle in bass (laughs)... thoes are funny.

ANO: One song to best describe you.

EA: Probably my song "Repent", very pesonal. It's the most up to date description of me, but other than one of my songs? ... probably Clipse ft. Kanye West - Kinda Like A Big Deal!!!

ANO: Write a 4 line rhyme about ashley nicole online.

EA: uhh. ashley nicole , the place you wanna go/ if you into muisc or clothes / if you tryna find something new to download/ type ashleynicoleonline now go/

Listen to 'Come Ova' and 'Repent' and much more on EA's website.
You can also follow him on twitter and keep up with his latest projects; @InternationalEA.

No comments: