7.30.2009

on the silver screen?


If you need your fix of Lauren Conradnow that she'll no longer be appearing on "The Hills," cross your fingers: She could be coming to a big screen near you.

The former reality star has revealed that a celluloid adaptation of her roman à clef novel, " L.A Candy," could be in the works very soon.

"We're hoping for a movie deal," Conrad told us while hosting the Pool After Dark party at Harrah's in Alantic City over the weekend. "I'm working on [adapting the book for the movies] right now, but I don't want to commit to anything until I see all my options. We have had a lot of exciting news in that respect, though."

As for casting, Conrad has no clue. "I haven't even thought about it," she confessed. And we know what that means - Conrad could be playing ... herself! Er, we mean the protagonist, Jane Roberts- a girl who moves to Hollywood, gets her own reality show and ends up working at an events company, à la Conrad herself.

The Orange County native is also penning her second book. "I actually finished the first draft - I'm doing edits right now," she confided. "It picks up where the first left off. I signed a three-book deal, so this is all part of the same story. The second book will be more dramatic than the first. It's a relief, because I didn't have to worry about character introductions."

But is LC writing her own stories? Frenemy - and former "Laguna Beach" co-star Kristin Cavallari - recently said she thought "L.A. Candy" may have been ghostwritten. "Lauren says she wrote it, but I don't know," Cavallari laughed. "Writing a book is not so easy."

A stone-faced Conrad retaliated: "I wrote my book, and I don't really feel the need to defend it. I've been writing forever. I have never written anything professionally before, so this was a big step for me. [Writing] was always my best subject in school, and it's something I've always loved to do.”
via nydaily

if this book turns into a movie, best believe ill be at the theater the day it comes out!
&& sidenote-whats with hatin ass kris-bitch.-sucha jealous trick!

xo.
t.ashley

No comments: